Business Profile on Google Maps
Unless you already own your business profile on Google Maps you will have to claim the ownership. To do so go to Google Maps and search for your business. On the “Knowledge Panel” click on “Claim this business”.
At this point you will be asked to sign in with your Google Account. If you don’t already have one, you can set it up here
From now on, just follow the steps on the website.
Another option is to go to Google My Business and add your business as a new location
We can assist with the entire process.
Calculate the number of panoramas
You can calculate the number of panoramas yourself, two things you should take into consideration:
- The first panorama should be taken outside of the building and show the main entrance
- There should be no obstacles between panoramas, as shown on the picture
Prepare for the photoshoot
In general make the place look perfect, it will be viewed thousands of times.
- Make sure all bulbs are in working order. This is a very important point, the more light there is the better the panoramas will look. Even in the middle of the day all lights should be switched on.
- Hide all bins, personal items, fire extinguishers and tidy up desks.
- If possible, move cars away from the front of the building.
- All doors leading to rooms where panoramas are to be taken should be open.
We always try to do the photoshoot outside of business hours and in good weather. If it is a rainy day we will have to reschedule.
First we will walk around your business, advise if anything should be done before we start and together we will decide on locations and the final number of panoramas.
The session usually takes two or more hours depending on the number of panoramas.
I sometimes re-take pictures if the weather improves mid-session which can make it take longer. The panoramas will eventually be viewed thousands of times so in my opinion it is worth the extra time. Also, please remember that you only pay for the panoramas you accept and not for the time it takes to capture them.
After the photoshoot
Postprocessing takes up to two weeks. After this time I will send you previews, which you can view online. This is the time to do any edits to the panoramas, just let me know what needs changing and I will do it free of charge.
At this point you can choose how many and which panoramas you want included in your Virtual Tour. Or, if for some reason you are not happy with the product you can reject all of them and you won’t have to pay anything.
As the final step I connect the panoramas and publish them on Google Maps as a Virtual Tour.
We arrange one last meeting where I will answer all your questions, help with making the most of the product, and also leave with you:
- Flash Drive with full resolution JPGs (for use on social media etc)
- “Step Inside with the Street View App” stickers from Google